Please scroll down for today's Heads Or Tails post.
I've posted a few times about how obsessive I am about having my house.. um.. tidy. It hasn't always been that way, I can assure you. Along the way I picked up a few tips.
I'll share them with you..
- Pine Sol. The number one essential. Even if your house is a mess, people (husbands included) will always think you've been busy cleaning all day. Just pour some down the drain of your kitchen sink.
- Vacuum cleaner. One of the best appliances you can own. Besides using it for vacuuming lampshades (*snicker*) it can also be used another way. Leave it sitting out so when someone drops by unexpectedly you can say, "Excuse the mess. You caught me in the middle of housecleaning."
- Easy dusting. Dust your furniture with dirty clothes as you take them to the washer.
- Mopping. Pour a small amount of Pine Sol on a wet cleaning rag. Drop it to the floor, step on it and "mop" by moving your foot aound.
- Dishes. If you don't feel like washing them right away at least rinse and stack them in the sink in an organized way. Go ahead and pour some Pine Sol down the drain. Just cuz you can.
- Laundry. At least once a week check the washing machine to see if you threw that last load of laundry into the dryer. If it's still there, you should check for mold or mildew. Wash it again. Check next week..
- Lawn care. Never EVER let your husband know you can start the mower. If you do, it will be your job forever after.
Leave your coat on a chair near your front door. If someone stops by that you don't want to see you can say, "I'd love to visit with you, but I was just on my way out the door to an appointment. I really can't be late."
You may have to put your coat on over your robe and walk to your car for this to be believable.
Do you have any housecleaning tips?